Tuesday

Budgeting Woes

After struggling with our finances because we have 2 mortgages and 2 Home Equity Loans, I finally found a budgeting system that I think will work for us: Pearbudget and the old fashioned envelope system.  I signed up for the free 30 day trial on PearBudget. It's simple and easy to use! Then I was reading another blog, Simple Mom, and she really lays out how to use the envelope system.  So combining the two ought to make it budgeting a little easier for me and the rest of the family.

I set up our plan for October and when we get paid I will be taking actual cash out of our bank accounts to fill the envelopes with.  When we need money for groceries, personal items, haircuts, fun money (yes there is an envelope for fun money), lunch money, gas, gifts, or miscellaneous, we will take out the cash from the envelope and use that money and only that money. 

Because our income isn't exactly the same every month, we will have to adjust accordingly.  And we are going to have to be very frugal when it comes to things like groceries, gas, personal items, dining out, fun money and miscellaneous.  But, I know once we start sticking to it and get used to using cash only, we will see how much money we are saving and we will like it! Ha ha.

I will keep you posted as to how it goes over the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!!! I love comments!

Ps. 37:4, Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!