Wednesday

Happy New Year!!!

Ok, so it's January 4th already, and I am just getting to post a new blog about the new year. It's a little difficult when my computer doesn't work!!! So, I am staying after work to play on the computer for a bit, since Jeff won't be over till 7:30 or so, after his men's group.

So, new year! So far it has been fabulous! Jeff and I spent New Year's Eve at the Hawkins, with a bunch of 20 somethings and teenagers. There were a few of us in the "somethings" age group. We played Mafia, which is a really fun game, but too long to explain on this blog. But Jeff killed me and I killed him. It was all for the sake of the game though! We left right after midnight, as Jeff had to get home to Rose, his parents dog, and he had to be at work at 8:00 on Saturday. But, it was very nice having someone to bring in the New Year with! A special someone I might add!

After he got out of work on Saturday, New Year's Day, he picked me up and we went to a wedding reception for some friends of mine from church. I went to the wedding, which was very cool. It was a 2nd marriage for both the bride and groom. The way they included their kids in the wedding brought tears to my eyes. The reception was fun. Lots of dancing and good food. Jeff and I got there kinda late, being he had to work and all. But, it was perfect timing, actually. We didn't have to wait in line to eat, and the dancing didn't start until after we were there 1/2 hour or so.

So, Jeff and I danced our first official slow dance together! Very romantic! Jeff is such a romantic man. I hope that never ends! We danced, looking into each others eyes, just holding each other. The funny part was that we tended to go in a circle in one direction, and we joked about that we were going to drill a hole in the floor if we kept that up. So we changed directions, and Jeff said "let me lead!" Hmmmm...ok, so I'm not a great dancer!!! Well, we will just have to practice that more!

Sunday, I went to my church only, as Jeff was working. When he finished work, we went out to his house and spent time with Rose.

Monday night, Jeff came over for dinner, went to his Emmaus Board meeting, then came back and we spent some time together. We've decided that we are going to start reading "Choosing God's Best". It is about Christian dating/courting, setting guidelines and boundaries. We have discovered that since we finished our first book, "101 Questions to ask BEFORE getting engaged", that it is more difficult to find things to talk about, so we end up kissing, which leads to other things that we don't want to get into. We want to wait for marriage. There are times we find that if we are not occupied with good conversation, a good movie, or company, that we could end up doing the wrong thing. Hopefully, "Choosing God's Best," will help keep us occupied and keep the lines of communication open. Jeff is going to bring over some of his recordings of Joyce Meyers and Creflo Dollar programs to watch.

Other good news...I've been praying about being more involved in the Walk to Emmaus program, and today, one of the board members asked me to join a committee for Emmaus. That means I will get to be involved/help out with each walk, which is what I wanted to be able to do. So, thank you Lord, for opening that door.
I guess that's about it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!!! I love comments!

Ps. 37:4, Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!