Thursday

Christmas Meme!

I saw this on Christian Stay at Home Mom's and it looked like fun!


1 . Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?

Defintely eggnog!!!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?

They are all wrapped! I love the surprise factor!

3. Colored lights on house/tree or white?

This year, I have colored lights on the tree and white lights elsewhere. It changes from year to year though. I love all the lights!!!

4. Do you hang mistletoe?

Haven't in the past, but 16 year old with boyfriend suggested it....hmmmm wonder why that is?! LOL

5. When do you put your decorations up?

By Thanksgiving or shortly thereafter.

6. What is your favorite Christmas dish (excluding dessert)?

Cheesy Potatoes!

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?

Ugh hard one! I think it would be the year I got my first bike! I was in 2nd grade, and the bike was all set up in the living room when I walked out. It was green with a banana seat!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

I honestly don't remember.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

The kids always ask to open just one, and I usually give in. This year we are opening gifts on Christmas Eve!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?

The more lights the better! This year I have lights, a couple of ribbons, some silver ball garland and some green bead garland, along with all silver bulbs, and gold bows. I also add some fake snow. I usually have more but my kids complain my tree is too "decorated". Whatever that means! LOL

11. Snow. Love it or dread it?

Love having it at Christmas, love the way it looks, Hate driving in it!

12. Can you ice skate?

Nope, tried it once, almost broke my ankle.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

Not specifically, but I truly appreciate any gift that's well thought out. Not just something someone picked up because they thought they had to get me a gift, but something someone saw and thought "Mary would really like this!"

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you?

Keeping Christ in Christmas!

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?

Christmas cookies! Me and my oldest daughter and maybe a friend or two get together and bake all day. Cookies, fudge, chocolate covered pretzels.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

It used to be this game I named Pick and Steal. But, we're not doing that this year. I think it's going to be playing games like Speed Scrabble, Balderdash, Guesstures and so on.

17. What tops your Christmas tree?

A lighted star. The lights are different colors and twinkle.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?

GIVING. Christmas should be all about giving.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song?

Oh Holy Night

20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck?

Yum!

21. What do you want for Christmas?

Just to see my kids and grandkids blessed!

22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party?

Our youth ministry has a Christmas party every year, one for the students and one for the leaders. My husband's work also has one, but it seems to fall on something else every year so we don't always go to that one.

23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ’s?

This year we will be opening presents on Christmas Eve and I want some good family pics! So, we will probably dress up a little.

24. Do you own a Santa hat?

I thought I had one, but I don't think so

25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?

My hubby and kids. But this year, we are spending Christmas Eve with the kids and they are going to their dad's on Christmas, so it will just be me and my hubby this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!!! I love comments!

Ps. 37:4, Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!