Monday

My Thoughts Exactly, Only Worded Better

As I was perusing my Google Reader items, I came across this post which expresses some of my thoughts as I tried to lay out in this previous post of mine. If you read my previous post, and the comments, you will see I was asked some very pointed questions by my bro-in-law. Shortly after I read the comments, a few days later, I wrote a very long response to each of the points he made, only to lose it through some internet glitch.

In her post, Cheryl Ingram states: "She [Oprah] accepts the New Age Bible, A Course in Miracles, as being one of her sources of truth. It states that there is no sin. How convenient. If there is no sin, then one can behave in any way they deem appropriate. That is the theory of relativism. Everything is relative. What may be sin for one is not necessarily sin for another. Hence, a mother’s right to have control over her own body trumps the right of the life inside her womb.

The Bible is clear concerning the issues of the life of the unborn child, Homosexual acts, and living together before marriage. Passages relating to these important Christian values are not based on “obscure” scriptures as Barack Obama has mentioned in his book, The Audacity of Hope. Yet, the philosophy of Oprah and Obama is permeating our culture with a vengeance. Traditional Christianity is viewed by these pundits as old fashion, out dated, and ignorant. Christians are being led astray and coerced into silence or compliance by the mere fact of a media or political person’s powerful communication abilities."

In my previous post, I said: "I'm really sad how our state (Michigan) and country are voting for ungodly values and morals like embryonic stem cell research and legalized marijuana for medicinal purposes. The second one I'm sort of torn about because I think if marijuana can help ease pain and such, then why not. But, when I look at the statistics from other states that have already legalized it, I don't think it's a good idea. There have been increases in robberies and thefts, murders and so on."
(I found the statistics from other states on the Michigan Family Forum Voter's Guide, which is not longer up.)

The point of the above statement was along the same lines as Cheryl Ingram's: "Traditional Christianity is viewed by these pundits as old fashion, out dated, and ignorant. Christians are being led astray and coerced into silence or compliance by the mere fact of a media or political person’s powerful communication abilities."

Another point in my previous post: "It also concerns me that the road this nation is heading down with its ungodliness and immorality that we will no longer be able to say "God bless America". I truly believe the reason God has blessed America is because we built this nation "under God". He's been our covering, our protection. If we take God out of our nation like we have our schools and other public places, He will no longer bless us or protect us. Look at Sodom and Gomorrah in the bible. Those cities became so immoral and Godless that God destroyed them. Think about it people."

If we, as a nation, start living any old way we want, going against Godly principals and guidelines laid out in the bible, then I believe God is going to withdraw His protection and blessing away from America. Therefore America will no longer be saying, "God bless America". This nation was built "One Nation Under God", and it is our responsibility to keep it that way. Choosing to live, therefore voting to live any way we want, is stepping out from "under God". God has truly blessed this nation with it's economic resources...our being selfish, greedy and gluttenous, is again on our shoulders, but God has provided this nation with them. Not that the resources are not in other nations, they certainly are, but because the national leaders are not God followers, God is not blessing them. My trip to Nigeria was a real eye opener to this! Nigeria has tons of natural resources, but their leaders are selfish and greedy, so the people suffer because of it. If the national leaders would turn to God and start living by his prinipals and guidelines (found in the Bible) I believe their nation would see more blessings from God. The Bible clearly shows that He blesses obedience.

Like Cheryl stated in her post: "Be not silent. Observe, pray and communicate. Stand up for truth.







2 comments:

Thank you for commenting!!! I love comments!

Ps. 37:4, Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!