Saturday

A Day at the Spa

This morning I had the awesome opportunity to go to the day Spa at Boyne Mountain. Trisha and I both had gift certificates from past various holidays and we finally made appointments.  It was awesome!!! It's the first time I've ever had a professional massage and I chose the deep tissue massage. It was GREAT! It did hurt in some places, but it felt good to get the knots rubbed out. It was sort of nerve wracking at first because I didn't know what to expect, but as soon as I told the massage therapist that I was nervous, she made me feel right at home and explained everything.  I really liked that they let you dress down as far as your comfortable with and if you wanted you could leave your robe on while they did the massage.  I chose not to do that because she explained I would be under the sheet the whole time, and that only the parts she was massaging would be uncovered. I got a 50 minute massage but I could have gone much longer!

After the massage, I met Trisha in the relaxation room.  My therapist gave me some water, grapes and a cold wash cloth. Trisha and I enjoyed those and chatted about our experiences (Trisha had the mommy massage). After chatting for a few minutes, we went to the changing room, put on our swimsuits and I sat in the hot tub. Trisha put her feet in. I felt bad she couldn't get in too. It was so relaxing.  I could have fallen asleep!

After the hot tub we out to the pool.  It wasn't as relaxing because there were lots of hotel guests there. But it was nice.  After that, we went in and showered.  They have Chi hair products you can use, plus blow dryers, curling irons and straighteners.

After a great day at the spa, I just wanted to come home and nap! But, no.  It would be great to be able to get one once a month, but no, the budget won't allow.  But, Jeff does need to get one for his knotty back!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time. A deep tissue massage is awesome! I've had one and I could use more that's for sure. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!!! I love comments!

Ps. 37:4, Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!