Tuesday

The Secret Life of the American Teenager-Episode 2

I just watched the 2nd episode of The Secret Life of the American Teenager. I posted my my thoughts on the first episode, so here they are on the 2nd. 

I have to say, I liked the 2nd episode better. Not that I didn't like the first, I just thought the characters were portrayed way too "over the top".  I think what I'm having a hard time with, more specifically, is the way the Christian characters are portrayed.  I think they are fake.  Not all of them though. Okay, for instance, the mom of the teenage Christian girl, I think she is portrayed so sweet and so nice and soft spoken. Again, I think if non-Christian people watch this show and see this mom, they are going to be turned off by Christianity because they may think all Christians are like that and/or that they may have to act like that to be a Christian.  On the other hand, I think the Christian dad is portrayed a little more realistically - like a real human Christian. He was firm with the Christian boy who cheated on his daughter and actually told him he was going to "slug" him (I don't think that was the exact term, but I can't remember the term he used right this second). Anyway, he seemed more real to me than any of the other Christian characters, so far.

I do like the stats they are bringing out in the show; percentages of teens having sex, pointing out how teens look at oral sex, etc. And I think it's funny how they use a character in the show to report the stats.

I'm not ready to recommend this show, but I'm not ready to give it up either...guess I'll be watching episode 3 next week, or recording it anyway!  Next week is the  Queen's Pageant at Alpenfest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!!! I love comments!

Ps. 37:4, Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!