Friday

God is Amazing or I Can't Do Math Very Well!

Jeff and I have been tithing regularly since we got married, and we were both tithers before we got married. In case you don't know, tithing is giving 10% of your income to your home church (back to God). Not all people believe in tithing or understand how tithing works. Honestly, I don't understand how tithing "works" either, but it does!

Jeff and I have two houses, the one we live in now and the one that was his before we got married. We put the latter on the market over 2 years ago now, but obviously it never sold. A friend of ours from church, and a former room-mate of mine, called one morning, about a year ago, and asked if we would be interested in renting the house to him. Jeff and I thought and prayed about it, and knew it was a God thing because we were struggling making ends meet with my job change and all.

Over the last year or so, paying bills and making ends meet has still been a struggle and we often run short before the next paycheck comes in. But, like I said, we've still been tithing regularly the whole time.

The last couple of months something amazing has been happening. Jeff asked me a couple of months ago to take over paying the bills since I have bookkeeping experience, and since doing so, I've re-vamped the way bills are paid, just a little. We have two bank accounts, the one he had and the one I had before we were married. (Both are in both our names now...in case you were wondering). The one account that was Jeff's has all the bills set up for bill pay from it, so we've strictly stuck to using that one for paying bills and the one that was mine for other things like gas, groceries, etc. Whenever we get a bill in the mail, I go into the bill-paying account and set up the bill to be withdrawn automatically on it's due date. I always check my math to be sure we have enough to cover the bills that will be coming out, and the ones that are automatically taken out (we have 2 of those).

This past pay period, I set up all the bills to pay keeping in mind the one automatic bill, and thought we were going to be short, and that I would have to use some money from the other account. When I went to check this morning, all of the bills AND the automatic payment have been withdrawn and we still have enough + a little to cover one more bill coming out, without transferring any money from the other account.

I am so excited about that! I know it's a God thing, that he's providing for us because we have been faithful.

We still have some mountains to conquer financially, but I know that God promises in his Word that he will be faithful if we are faithful.

I hope this encourages those of you who are struggling financially; encourages you to
A. seek God through prayer, and start tithing. Even though it may seem like you can't "afford" to tithe, you can't afford not to tithe!
B. If you don't know God, if you don't have a home church, I encourage you to find one. Church families are awesome and a great support system. Start tithing to test and see. God says in his Word to test him and see that he will provide. Malachi 3:10 says "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it."

And further, if you don't know God, if you don't have a relationship with Him, there is a prayer at the bottom of this blog site. All you have to do is open your heart up to Him and say this prayer. Contact me if you don't have anyone else close by and I will help you on the road as a Christian and will help find you a good home church in your area.

God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!!! I love comments!

Ps. 37:4, Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!