Tuesday

2 days to Africa!

I'm so excited! I went shopping with Sara Scheer yesterday to get our stuff for Africa; Immodium AD, Pepto Bismol, Tylenol, Ibuprofin, Band-aids, Hydrogen Peroxide, Insect Repellent, travel toothbrush and toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner, facial cleansing pads, personal wipes (because they might not always have toilet paper!) etc., etc.! It was fun! Now I have to pack it all! And we found out the other day we are now only allowed to take one, count it, one carry on! No suitcases for us! So, I picked up an inexpensive rolling duffle-bag to use for my carry on. It has 5 outside pockets and one large, main pocket. If I roll my clothes I should be able to get it all in. Plus, the leader, Denny, is packing a community suitcase to check in, so I will give him all the snacks and liquid items to put in that.

Sunday, Easter, the service was awesome! Karlie and I were able to be part of the service. She was in a "human video" with Sara (mentioned above) and 4 other girls. Sara sang a beautiful song about Jesus crucificition and resurrection while the 5 other girls did interperative dance. It was beautiful!

Then there was a humorous skit and another video. At the end of the video, 12 of us, including Karlie and I, carried a red and white banner over the 3 sections of the congregation. It made a powerful statement. The red represented the blood of Jesus and the white, his purification and holiness.

The message was awesome too! Pastor Steve spoke about how big God really is and used a golf ball and video to demonstrate. He compared the size of the Earth to different sun's and stars in the universe and showed how big the universe really is! It was amazing! His point was, that if God can breath into existence this awesome, enormous universe, then don't you think he can take care of us and our problems?

There were about 2 or 3 first service that raised their hands to accept Jesus into their hearts, and then about 5 or 6 second service. A young woman I've known for a few years raised her hand. I was so happy for her! I love to see people accept Christ into their hearts for the first time! It's so exciting and all of heaven rejoices!

Well, I better get to packing!
God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!!! I love comments!

Ps. 37:4, Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!