Saturday

The Spirit of Christmas

Well, here we are 8 days till Christmas!!! I love Christmas! It's my favorite Holiday. Why, you may ask? There are several reasons: Number one: because it marks the birth of my Savior, Jesus Christ. HE is the reason for the season after all. Number two: I love to give, and this is the season of giving. I love seeing my kids receive some of the things they need and yes, want. Probably more want than need, but I love to see the smiles on their faces when they open a gift, and they know I put a lot of thought into that gift, and they know I had them specifically in mind when I bought it. Number three: I love the lights and decorations, especially the ones that reflect why we celebrate Christmas in the first place-Jesus. Number four: The snow. This time of year, in Northern Michigan is so pretty. It's especially pretty today; the snow is lightly falling, and the trees have just enough snow on their branches. Number five: The extra time I get to spend with my family-my hubby, my kids, my mom, my brother and his wife and kids, my nephew Dustin. Now I only wish I could spend more time with my sister in New Mexico and my Aunt and Uncle and cousins, and my dad's side of the family in Texas and Oklahoma. In the future that may happen, but this Christmas, I am content with my new hubby and family here. And number six: the music. I love Christmas music. My favorite Christmas CD is by a local band, from our church, Only 9 am. Check them out! They are awesome, not only musically, but spiritually as well. They are 4 brothers and sisters, they go to my church, and the lead guitarist, Dan, works part time with me at Corporate Title. Oh, and they played for my wedding. Awesome, just awesome, they are!

Well, I thought about posting a whole blog on why those who don't believe in God or Jesus or that reason for the season is Jesus Christ, shouldn't celebrate Christmas, then call it "Happy Holidays or Season's Greetings", but I then I changed my mind, at this time. Just remember, the word Holiday comes from Holy Day. What is the holiest day of the year? Think about it. Think about why we celebrate this time of year. And remember, Jesus IS the reason for the season.

Merry Christmas Everyone! God loves you and so do I!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!!! I love comments!

Ps. 37:4, Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!