Saturday

13 days, 12 hours and 8 minutes...

...till the wedding! Yeah!!! I'm so excited I can't stand it! I know I keep blogging about the wedding, but it's difficult to think of anything else right now.

We met with the "music team" ( they thought it was funny I called them that) Thursday, at the church. It went very, very well! Those young adults and teens are so talented, and all very professional. I was impressed! I can't wait to hear the music! We are going to have an audio tape made of our wedding, that way not only will I get to hear all the prelude music, that I won't get to hear live since I will be getting ready, but we will have it to listen to in the future. We are having the wedding video taped as well, but I think an audio tape is an awesome idea!

Today is Trisha's shower! Karlie and I slept at Jeff's (in the spare bedroom, I might add), because we have all the stuff out here and the shower is just down the road from here, at Trisha's future parents-in-law. I was in charge of ham roll-ups, a veggie tray, table decorations, and a game. Got it all covered! Karlie helped me find bridal shower games on the internet last night. It will be fun!


Speaking of Bridal Showers! Jeff's parents friends gave a shower for me August 27 and it was great!!! I saw some of the friends I had met when we went down for a visit, before we were engaged. Of course, I couldn't remember everyone's names, or put the face with the name, but next time (at the wedding) I will recognize several more (I hope!) I used to be really good at that, remembering names and putting faces with names, but as I've gotten older, I've become really bad at it! I apologize.

Back to today. Trisha and Karlie have a fitting for their dresses for my wedding today, to see if they need further alteration. We are going shoe shopping first, for them, so they can try their dresses on with shoes. Then we are meeting my mom and a friend of Trisha's at Kohl's so we can help them find their way to Ben's parents house. I have to make a detour to Jeff's to pick up the ham roll-ups, pop and the other stuff I need for the shower, then I will head to the shower.

Then, Tuesday, is personal shower for me, given by three gals from the Methodist church. Betty, Marie and Lisa. I think it is going to be fun! Especially since Betty's remark to Amy Block was "the shower is really more for Jeff than it is Mary". Now, let me set the scene for you here. Betty is a 60 something, grandmotherly type, who everyone loves and respects. Amy is a 17 (?) year old, sister of the youth pastor. Her response to Betty's remark was, "ewwwwww". LOL. Too funny.

Well, that's about it. Karlie just got up, so I will make some breakfast (make? it will be cereal, or Burger King!). Then its showers, and off to town for shopping and stuff!

Have a great day everyone, and God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Mary Mary Mary........it is now Thursday September 22....happy birthday! And you now only have 1 day left until your wedding! I'm so excited for you:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!!! I love comments!

Ps. 37:4, Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!