Monday

My input regarding "The Question"

As you all have read, or can read in the previous post by Jeff, he popped the question!!! Yeah!!!! So, I thought I'd let you all know how it happened.

It was perfect! Just the way I wanted it! Casual, out-of-the-blue, surprise! We had been at the beach all day last Sunday, July 10, 2005, to be exact. We came to Jeff's house to relax and take it easy. So, we were just hanging out, being together, hugging, and he said, "I know I don't have a ring, but I really want to marry you!" And my response was, "I really want to marry you too!" So, he sat me down on the couch and said "Mary Karen Hubbard, will you be my wife?" And I said "Yes!".

Let me back up a little. A few days or maybe a week or two ago, he had mentioned something about us getting married September 24, that it was a good weekend, with all the stuff coming up in October, and my lease running out on my apartment November 1, and so on. I asked him if he was serious, and that he if was, I kind of needed to know! At that point, he said it was just a thought, but perhaps, if he felt led. So, I let it go, and decided to wait on God. Then, what do you know! Totally out of the blue, he surprised me and asked me to marry him!

So, here we are back at last Sunday. After I said yes, he then said, "So, I was pretty serious about September 24". So, we called everyone, his family, my family and a few of our closest friends and announced the good news! Everyone is so excited for us, even my children, which is the biggest blessing of all!

Monday, Jeff had a meeting to go to, so we planned on going ring shopping Tuesday, after we both got off work at 5:00. We totally planned on starting at Sam's club, to see what they had in our price range. But, that day, I had 3 people tell me good things about Zales. So, as Jeff and I were having dinner at Mongolian Barbeque, I mentioned that 3 peopled mentioned Zales. He confirmed it by saying that he just had a feeling we were not to start at Sam's Club. So, off to Zales we went.

We walked in the store, were greeted by the friendliest sales people, who directed us right to the color and style of ring I described (white gold, princess cut diamond). I saw this beautiful set (engagement and wedding band). They pulled it out, I tried it on, and 'lo and behold, it fit perfectly!!! And wow!!! I looked just perfect on my hand. They let me wear it as we looked around at other rings and sets. I tried on a few other ones, but nothing stood out like the one I had on. And, it was in Jeff's price range!!! Not wanting to jump at the first set we saw, though, we told the sales ladies we should shop around. They were so great, they wrote down the specs for the first set I tried, and we left. We went into Fred Meyer across the way. We were not greeted upon entrance into the store. When we were finally greeted, the sales lady didn't act like she really wanted to sell us diamonds. It was hard getting her to pull anything out of the glass counter. And when she did, they were way out of Jeff's price range, and not exactly what I wanted.

Jeff and I walked out of the store, went over to the bench nearby and sat down. He said that he had peace about the first set I tried. I said I did too, and it was exactly what I invisioned, and it was the right price. We walked back into Zales, and told the ladies we wanted that first set. They pulled it right out, cleaned it and I handed it to Jeff so he could put it on my finger.

This may not be the traditional proposal, but it was just perfect for me! I couldn't be happier!

Oh, you may be asking...if you know us, and have heard us talking about September 23 being the date! Jeff went to an Emmaus board meeting Monday night and announced our engagement. Someone there mentioned having a Friday evening wedding. Jeff had peace about it, came home and told me, and I have peace about it too! Plus it would give us time with family and friends on Saturday, that we wouldn't have if we got married on Saturday. So, the official date is Friday, September 23, 2005 at 8:00 in the evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!!! I love comments!

Ps. 37:4, Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!