Tuesday

Granny Hubbard

Granny Hubbard is my dad's mom. She is lying in the hospital in Texas right now, waiting to go home to Jesus. She has been very sick for a while. I was told her sodium was too low, so her brain acted like it was having a stroke, and she has pneumonia. She was on life-support, but yesterday evening, she told the doctors/nurses that she didn't want it anymore. My sister said she has a picture of Jesus by her bed and was telling him she is ready to come home.

I've only seen my Granny Hubbard 3 times in my life; once when I was 9 or 10, once when my oldest daughter Trisha was a baby, and then in September 2003, Trisha and I went to Texas for her 87th (??) birthday. The latest trip, she was in a rehabilitation hospital due to a stroke. My sister was there as well, with her husband and kids. It was a great family reunion! I got to meet many of my relatives on my dad's side that I have never met before or hadn't seen since I was a kid. Although Granny was in the hospital, she was very happy to see us, and she really lit up, when she realized my sister and I were there.

I won't get to go down and see her, to say good-bye to her earthly body. I am sad, yet joyous, because she has Jesus in her heart and will be with Him in heaven, healthy and whole, once again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!!! I love comments!

Ps. 37:4, Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!